Tusculum offers a fully online Associate of Arts in General Studies degree
The Associate of Arts degree program offers students the opportunity to earn a degree, which then may be applied to any of Tusculum’s four-year Bachelor degree programs.
The unique class structure of Tusculum’s Adult & Online Studies program blends academics with practical application – in a collaborative and supportive environment! We know that it can be difficult to balance hours spent on the job with quality time at home. We focus on the needs of today’s busy adult learner.
Students in the program take all general education courses, as well as a minimum of 19 hours of elective courses that can be concentrated in a major area of interest or taken in a variety of major areas as a way of exploration of potential career paths.
The TN Reconnect grant can be used at Tusculum University to assist in paying tuition while earning a two year associate degree.
Tusculum’s Associate of Arts in General Studies is an excellent choice for students to gain an introduction to the college process and to academic coursework.
Graduates of the program have many options available to them, such as entering the employment market or applying their associate degree to complete a four-year program.
New students (those with fewer than 12 semester hours of earned college credit) must satisfy two of the following:
- Evidence of two years of work experience
- A high school diploma with a grade point average of 2.0 or higher or official acceptable HiSet scores
- Ranking in the upper one-half of the applicant’s high school graduating class
- A composite score of 870 on the SAT or 18 on the ACT
Transfer students (those with more than 12 hours of earned college credit) must have a cumulative gradepoint average of 2.0 or higher from an accredited college or university
The grant pays tuition and mandatory fees up to an allowable amount as determine by TSAC yearly.
The allowable amount for the 2017-2018 school year was $2,070 per semester for 12 credit hours. This funding will be applied after all other state financial aid and Pell Grants have been applied towards tuition and mandatory fees.
To be eligible for this grant, an applicant must:
- Be a Tennessee resident for at least one year leading up to the student’s FAFSA submission date
- Complete the FAFSA and meet the FAFSA definition of an independent student
- Not have previously earned an associate or baccalaureate degree
- Complete the application in the TSAC portal
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Not be in default on a student loan
- Not have an outstanding balanced of previously awarded financial aid to an institution
- Not be incarcerated
To receive and maintain this grant, an adult learner must:
- Enroll in at least six (6) semester hours in the fall and spring semesters
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA
- Complete the renewal FAFSA each year
- Continue to participate in the Reconnect Success Plan
Learn more about Reconnect for an Associate Degree