Graduate & Professional Studies Graduate Program Admission
Applicants meeting the minimum requirements as stipulated for each Graduate and Professional Studies program will be afforded regular admission.
If one or more of the requirements is not met, provisional acceptance may be granted.
Graduate Admission Requirements and Procedures
Requirements for admission to graduate programs are established by the Graduate Committee. They include previous academic records, performance on recognized examinations, work experience, an acceptable written explanation of desire to enter the program and professional recommendations of individuals qualified to judge the student’s potential for graduate college work. Tusculum seeks students who are mature and highly motivated and are able to contribute to the collaborative learning environment.
Common Admission Requirements
All applicants to graduate programs shall satisfy these common admission requirements:
- Hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Possess a minimum G.P.A. as defined by each program and satisfy the admissions requirements that are specific to each program. See individual program descriptions for other admissions requirements.
Each of the following items must be completed for review by the Enrollment staff for an admission decision.
- Complete and submit a Tusculum College application. A copy is available from the College website or may obtained from an Enrollment representative.
- Submit official (sealed) transcripts of all college coursework mailed directly to Tusculum College from each previous institution. All transcripts must be sent to P.O. Box 5051 in order to be considered for admission to Tusculum College.
- Transcript Request Form (.pdf)
- Submit a resume that reflects professional experience in accordance with the requirements of each program.
- Complete any program-specific application procedure.
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must furnish a score of 540-543 (paper), 207 (computer-based), 76 (Internet based) or greater on the TOEFL examination taken within the last five years.
- Phone or in-person interviews may be considered as part of the Admissions process.
INDIVIDUAL PROGRAM SUPPORT
In addition to the general procedures listed above, please refer to each individual program listings to review the admission requirements and procedures for regular admission.