Master of Arts in Talent Development graduates are prepared for a variety of careers, including corporate trainers, project managers, strategic planners, team developers, process analysts and performance improvement consultants.
Tusculum College offers a 12 month online graduate program in Talent Development. The MA in Talent Development (MATD) will prepare students to work in organizations as training and talent development employees.
Students will develop skills in human resource development and training, instructional design, curriculum design, leadership, employee evaluation, and adult learning. Graduates of the program will be qualified for positions as corporate trainers, training managers, learning managers, instructional designers, training consultants, or talent managers.
Courses are designed so that theoretical foundations are complemented with practice and application which enable students to build skills and competence.
The MA in Talent Development is designed to lead students to:
- Develop training materials and programs based upon curricular and instructional design best practices
- Assess organizational needs for enhancing performance
- Apply adult learning theory and the Instructional System Design (ISD) model into practice for organizational learning needs
- Evaluate learning and the impact of learning
- Apply principles and practices of human behavior in organizations to help groups work more effectively
- Develop team behaviors, including team leadership
- Develop organizational consultant skills
- Develop effective team communication skills; e.g., facilitation, decision-making, conflict resolution, problem-solving
- Support organizational development through project management, strategic planning, succession planning, process analysis and improvement, and career planning processes.